Picture book "Hoferhaus"
The Hoferhaus through the ages
- The history of the "Hofer Haus" dates back to 1860. It was built by the great-grandparents of the current owner.
- Some parts of the house have always been rented to different businesses. Thus, in former times the "Hofer Haus" was home to the civil registry office, a pharmacy, a dentist's, a shoemaker's, a pastry shop or even a jeweller's shop.
- Since 1935 it has been run as a bed and breakfast. Initially, the guests enjoying summer vacation ("Sommerfrische") mainly arrived from the area of Vienna, among others a Baroness and civil servants from the government.
- From 1940 to 1945 children from cities threatened by aerial warfare spent time here, later it became the local US headquarter during the stay of the Allied Forces.
- Later on the "Hofer Haus" was home to refugees from Vienna, who installed a workshop for producing puppets which even gave numerous locals a temporary job.
- In 1965 Magret Harms, the current owner's mother, took over the pension house from her parents together with her husband Günther.
After rebuilding in 2001 the Hofer House presents itself today in a stylish atmosphere with every imaginable comfort.
What else might interest you